• Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party'! – Robin Williams

Stormers resilient but can’t overcome the early play of the Kougars

Having just received their first victory of the season the Kishwaukee Kougars came in with a little more to prove this game.
It showed as the Kougars raced to a 2-0 lead over the Stormers at the half with goals being scored by Edwin Munoz Jr. (23) and Paul Prawdzik (21).

The Stormers came up short, losing 3-1. This game was pretty physical, stated assistant coach Nick Perera. “Even though we were down, the feeling of panic never seemed evident; we were very confident that we could still make a solid run in the second half.”

Perera stressed that the team should stay focused and let the game come to them. There is no substitute for a great motivator, as was displayed by the coaching of Perera.

The second half proved to be more of a game as the momentum leveled out, but not without a goal by the Kougars Gonzalo Lopez (14). True resilience began to unfold as the Stormers finally scored a goal by Marco Perez (8).

Coach Perera stated, “The team played much better in the second half of a game that was very physical. Overall the team mentally was at an A, but tactically we were about a C.

The Kougars, stated Perera were a pretty decent team that’s pretty physical. As Coach Perera said, “This team is a work in progress.” Special thanks to Coach Perera and the team for this story.