• Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party'! – Robin Williams

Student gets published

Debra Henderson (a.k.a. Perdue Henderson) recently had a book published titled: “Branded.” Debra is a full-time student at MATC and started in the fall of 2010. Debra stated: “I always wanted to be a writer, ever since high school. I even took journalism classes, in the middle of January 2010; I bought a small notebook and a computer and began writing. By March, I had my first novel completed. By August, I had the second one done and am starting to think about a third in the series.”

Debra is a web design student, and will be taking classes at the Downtown location during the summer. The reason Debra decided to go back to school was: “I got word that I would need to go back to school if I was going to continue collecting unemployment. The job market was unpleasant to say the least, and I already had an entire flash drive filled with applications that have been submitted, with no success. So, I decided to take them up on their offer and go back to school on the dislocated workers program.”

According to Henderson, the difficult part of writing the book was: “I had to write a novel from scratch from November 1 to the 30 and it had to be 50,000 words.” For additional information on her book, that was publically published is on Createspace.com, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, and Books-A-Million.com