• Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. — Lilly Pulitzer

Women’s volleyball still looking for first win

When it comes to sports, people do it for a reason. Some people do it to get noticed, others do it for colleges, and some do it because it’s part of their life. 

Playing a sport isn’t as easy as it looks to people, but to some, it doesn’t look too hard. 

On September 13, the women’s volleyball team headed off to Glen Ellyn, IL to play against the College of DuPage Charrapals

While on the bus, these Stormers were preparing for the game by deciding who would play what position. 

These ladies know how to have a good time and yet stay focused on the game.

Ka Thao, a Liberal Arts student, has said that she has been playing volleyball for the past 5 to 7 years. She said, “I’m hoping to play well and try to remember to have fun.” 

Her position is right sider or utility. During the game, she was focused and made good moves to help the team win points. 

As for Whitney Roberts, also a Liberal Arts student, she wasn’t in the game, but helping Coach Brian Misslich keeping track of the team’s scores and preparing the girls for their match. 

Roberts was on the Stormer’s roster last year and hoped that she would be able to play this year. Unfortunately, a player must at least have 12 credits in order to play for the season. Roberts stated, “It hurts. I wanna play bad.”

The three-game series didn’t last long. 

Coach Misslich says he expects the girls to be at practice and do their regular routines before doing anything else. 

The only techniques they use are doing regular warm-ups. They would stretch their arms and legs then practice their bumps, spikes and sets. 

Before coaching the volleyball team, Misslich has coached high school volleyball for the past 14 years and this is his first year coaching MATC women’s volleyball. 

Come out and support these Stormer ladies in their match. Although, as of press time, the team is looking for its first win, their spirits remain high.