• Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. — Lilly Pulitzer

Casey awarded Region IV Coach of the Year

Randy Casey is Coordinator of Athletics, and the Head Coach of the MATC Stormers Men’s Basketball Team. He is the first coach in MATC history to win a Regional Championship and to go to a National Tournament Championship. Casey is Region IV Coach of the Year.

Before Casey was a coach, he played on the Cardinal Stritch Basketball Team as a point guard and team leader. “I was always vocal and I also led by action on and off the court to my teammates,” Casey said.  

Casey continued, “I started out as an Assistant Coach at Cardinal Stritch after I was done playing. I asked my coach if I could stay involved with the team since I had a year left of school to finish and so he let me help out.” After Stritch, Casey went on to coach at Mid-State Technical College.

Then, he moved on to MATC and has been the Head Coach for 4 years. Casey said, “My philosophy is hard work. At the end of the day it’s about more than just basketball. Being punctual, respectful, dedicated, and organized is the same things I incorporate in my team strategy to prepare them for the real world as well as the court.”

When asked about his Athletic Staff, Casey said, “My staff, we are like family, we pick each other up. Our goal is to have a successful athletic program. My plans are to continue to make all of the programs reach national level. I know its hard work, but we have to go at it.” The Athletic Staff consist of Assistant Coach Travis Mrozek and Tina Kastori, Office Assistant of the Athletic Department.      

Mrozek of the MATC Stormers said, “I’ve been with Coach Casey for a long time and I’ve seen how hard he works with the players he brings in.”

Kastori said, “Randy keeps an organized office and playbook; he helps his team as players and students to be productive in the gym and classroom. He’s a very focused and hardworking coach.”

Mrozek continues, “It’s difficult to wear both hats, but Casey has found a way to balance both positions and make it work.”    

Joshua Sarnowski, Point Guard of the MATC Stormers said, Coach Casey is hard working and committed. He loves the game of basketball and he has given the Stormers a huge boost.”