• Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. — Lilly Pulitzer

A Message from the Editor

Julie Wichman 1963-2012
Julie Wichman 1963-2012

Our fall semester has begun with a tragic and saddened start.  Over the summer, our community came together due to the shootings at the Sikh Temple which occurred on August 5, killing six people during the massacre.  

With my deepest sympathy to those who lost loved ones and a renewed faith to urge the survivors to continue to hold on.  It was very devastating to exposing Milwaukee at such a vulnerable point after this summer’s recall election which further divided our state.  

Now as we press forward as we focus on our future, decisions we make today will impact our education.  Know the candidates in this coming election.  

Don’t sit back and let politicians take office because you were too ignorant to ask the questions or know the real agendas on their rise to office.  Knowing the lesser of the two evils, spend time to listen to what each party has to offer you in health, state, security, education and investments.  

Not concerned with who you vote for in this election, just make sure your vote counts for what you believe in.  Get out in vote!!

This edition, our reporters will provide you with information pertaining to the newly appointed board members, the updated MATC website and in-depth information for those who are applying for scholarships. Remember deadlines are soon approaching.  Each issue we will strive to profile a student, a graduate, a staff member, and an organization/club.  We’re dedicating ourselves to showcase MATC’s unsung heroes and sharing with you their stories.

It brings me great enthusiasm to work with my peers in a professional setting to continue on a tradition with the paper.  With every edition comes knowledge and growth. I’ve learned to take ownership and ridicule from my peers and advisors. I’m working towards a gradual success for the Times in the days ahead and capturing memories along the way.

Additionally, I would like to take this moment to send my condolences to the family of Julie Wichman, Publications staff of MATC, who recent departed before the fall semester.  She would be truly missed by her friends and colleague who had the distinguished opportunity to have met her. She will be missed.

Respectfully,

Jim Nance, Editor-in-Chief