• Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. — Lilly Pulitzer

MATC welcomes new Vice President of Student Services

MATC has welcomed its newest administrator. His name is Trevor Kubatzke, Ph.D. He is the new Vice President of Student Services.

Upon sitting down with him, there were some questions that I asked him of what he thinks of MATC, why he chose this particular school as well as a few others. When asked why he chose MATC, Dr. Kubatzke said: “It’s like coming home. I received my Bachelor’s from UW-Platteville, I’m married in Wisconsin and have been around the Midwest a lot.”

He then added: “I would like to have interaction with students and staff and lead them to paths to see students succeed.”

Asked of things that he would like to change, Kubatzke indicated: “Not really change anything. I would mostly just like to focus on the interaction with the students and their experience. I put myself in the same aspect of a new student because I’m new myself.”

Dr. Kubatzke’s education doesn’t just stop with a Bachelor’s at UW-Platteville (Bachelor’s in Agricultural Economics.) He also received his Masters in Education Administration from Missouri State.

Additionally he worked at Upper Iowa University, and Lincolnland Community College (in Illinois.) This isn’t his only experience as a Vice President, he held a position of VP at Delta College in Michigan.

Given that Dr. Kubatzke is relatively new, let’s hope everyone will be nice to him; remember everyone was new at MATC at one time or another.