Showing your true colors as a leader

Photo by Mike Hiller

The entire group of students who attended the Club and Organizational Leadership Training Retreat at Camp Whitcomb/Mason on Oct. 25-27 in Hartland.

This year an owl was chosen as the mascot for the Club and Organizational Leadership  Retreat. Owls are a symbol for leadership since they are known to be wise birds. They analyze situations, formulate a plan of action and later they assess the action and its outcome, just like a good leader should do.
Approximately 65 people attended Camp Whitcomb/ Mason located in Hartland on Oct. 25-27.  The retreat served to educate those students from various organizations with the necessary skills and information regarding the schools’ policies and procedures.  The students learned the proper procedures for filling out forms for funding and activities that they might participate in.
Identifying personality types was one of the main topics; this is called the color code.  Everyone’s personality type can be defined into specific colors: red, blue, yellow and white.  The color code is used to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
By taking a simple online test you can determine what color(s) you are.  For instance, red type personalities are power driven, they get things done.  Red types are also responsible, decisive, proactive and assertive.
Blue types are focused on intimacy, connecting and creating quality relationships that have purpose, and are loyal, sincere and thoughtful. Yellow types are more fun and engaging others.  Lastly, white types are peaceful; remain calm and balanced despite conflict.
As the retreat came to a close, people were seen playing volleyball and tossing frisbees around with some of their new leadership friends.