• One day you will look back and see that all along, you were blooming. – Morgan Harper Nichols

‘At Heart’ by Miss May I is Hard & Heavy

The album that I am reviewing is Miss May I’s At Heart, which was released on June 12.

This is their third studio album opening with the album’s self-titled track “At Heart”. It is an introduction to the following track “Hey Mister”. The introductions are something that I’ve always liked in music and it’s no exception here.

I also really liked how the lead singer and the back-up singer shared spots. For example, the lead singer will scream the verses and the back-up singer will sing the chorus. 

Now moving on to the next song which was “Sirens Song”. This song is really cool because in the beginning and throughout the song it has this chugging riff that gets me pumped and excited. 

Something that would be cool is if the singer were to also sing the lyrics instead of scream them. The next song is “Leech”. 

I really enjoy this song mainly because of the opening line saying “parasite remove your teeth from me”. I like that line because it’s talking about being used by someone and then getting rid of them. 

I also really enjoy the break down to it because it’s hard and heavy, just the way I like it. 

My rating for this album would be an 8 out of 10. I give it an 8 because although I like hard and heavy music I could go for a little less screaming.