Child care services geared toward students and faculty

Photo by Anna Sparks/Times

Skai, Sanai, and Myat (left to right) refresh themselves with a quick swig of juice after a long morning of play in the 11-15 months room at MATC’s Child Care Center.

Parenting is a full-time job; and for many, so is college. Among its list of services, MATC offers child care on all four campuses. Facilities are geared toward accommodating students and faculty, and accepts children from 6 weeks up to 12 years of age.
Each campus has a convenient and secure child care location. The  child care center affords parents peace of mind while they work to achieve their academic goals.
The Children’s Centers teach academic concepts, language, social, and self-help skills. The centers achieve this with an experienced staff, all of whom have a minimum of an associate’s degree relating to the field of child care. “The more educated people are, the more insight they have into the development of children,” said Melissa Frankiewicz, coordinator of the downtown child care center.

Printed version of the story.
Printed version of the story.

“Our curriculum is play-based, with activities that children can enjoy learning from. Children learn best by interacting with their environments,” said Frankiewicz.

The downtown child care center is open Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. almost year-round. Mequon, Oak Creek and West Allis child care centers are open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Child care registration opens up when college registration begins, so parents can sign up for the spring 2014 semester as soon as November.
To register go to the center and fill out a request for services. There is a waiting list, so don’t delay!
A variety of funding options, as well as flexible scheduling, accommodate parents’ needs. To learn more visit the Child Care page under Student Services on the MATC website.