Portfolio Night showcases students work

Students showcased their work at Discovery World on May 11 from 5 – 8pm. Students from different programs showed off many of their various projects. Jim MacDonald, Associate Dean of MATC and founder of the Portfolio Night said, “This is the 15th Anniversary for this event; the first only highlighted the graphics programs.” The School of Media and Creative Arts students showed off their photography, graphic design, and animation skills. Other students of the School of Technology and Applied Sciences showed the various data they collected. Other students made DNA necklaces of visitor’s unwound DNA strands.

The programs that were represented included: Animation, Biotechnology, Business Management, Chemical Technology, Computer Simulation and Gaming, Culinary Arts, eBusiness Technology, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Marketing Management, Meeting and Event Management, Music Occupations, Registered Nursing, Pre-College Education, Sustainable Facilities Operations, Television and Video Production, Tool and Die Making, Visual Communication/Computer Graphics, Welding Technology, and Engaged Service Learning.

MacDonald said, “In the future, we hope to add more industry partners and potential corporate partners and donors to help grow and help support these great programs at MATC.”