Golf team hosts invitational

Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) hosted the Invitational at BlackStone Creek Golf Course in Germantown, Wisconsin on September 12.Madison Area Technical College scored a team total of 301 points to place first. The Stormers scored 489 points.

Low scorers were Bryce Davis of Rock Valley College, 37-34 (71); Andrew Steinhofer of MATC-Madison, 35-37 (72); and Jason Pinns of College of DuPage, 39-34 (73) at the 6,498-yards, par-70 golf course.

Brandon Perry posted 42-43 (85) as low score for the Stormers.

MATC-Milwaukee is a member of the N4C Conference of the National Junior College Athletic Association-Division III (NJCAA).

The NJCAA is comprised of junior colleges across the country. N4C Conference teams are the Stormers, Madison Area Technical College, Rock Valley College and College of DuPage.

The invitational was attended by the N4C Conference teams and Southwest Technical College.

The Stormers finished third last season in Region IV of the NJCAA.

The Stormers team is made up of all first-year players:

Acie (Garrett) Abner, Collin Roche and Alex Schofield (Nursing); Charles (Sam) Cianciola (Landscape Horticulture); Randolph Johnson, Jr. (Paralegal); Cory Odwazny and Andrew Olmstead (Film Production); Michael Paul (Liberal Arts); Brandon Perry (Undeclared).

The team is coached by Head Coach Troy Schmidt, PGA Professional and Assistant Coach Charles Kimbrough.