• One day you will look back and see that all along, you were blooming. – Morgan Harper Nichols

Pay for print latest update

There is recent information regarding a new project that is scheduled to pilot next semester.The program involves having students being allowed a certain amount of pages that they can print, for free, per semester.

This is an effort to cut costs and save energy for the college, considering that “when people don’t have to pay for print, they just print, print, print, print, print, which is costing the college thousands and thousands of dollars,” states Archie Graham, Director of Student Life and member of the Pay for Print Committee.

This type of system is not uncommon among other colleges. For example, according to Lennis Parks, Kinesiology major at UW Milwaukee, students there are given no free copies and are charged $.10 per page.

Exactly just how many free copies students here will get is yet to be determined.

There is a push for the number to be in the hundreds, including double sided prints.

The Pay for Print Committee is reviewing ways for some of the printed material for courses to be pre-packaged, and then handed out to students with their books.

Teachers are being instructed to let the committee know by the end of the month what they expect, as far as the amount of printed material they might require, so that it can be documented and possibly added into the total cost of the class.

As stated earlier, the specifics of this new program are not set as of yet, so please look to future issues to get updated information as it becomes available.