• One day you will look back and see that all along, you were blooming. – Morgan Harper Nichols

Thank you for 22 years of service

After liking the idea of a woman running a machine; Anne Steinberg, Instructor in the Graphic Arts Department, decided to get into the printing business. She worked in the field fifteen years before coming to MATC. She stated, “The teachers come here already with a lot of work experience. Whereas a lot of four year college teachers haven’t really worked in the real world. That’s real important. How else are we going to get students up-to-date information?”

Steinberg went on to say that she liked the mixture of students here. “MATC really makes a difference in our community. People with bachelors’ degrees come (here) to get practical skills.”

She has seen this first hand with her own students. Gerald Trotter, in Printing Services was one of her first students. He went on to say, “She was a dedicated instructor and always wanted to teach the basics. There was never a dumb question. I enjoyed my time with her.” Kenneth Crom, Duplicating Equipment Operator and Renea Williams, Printing Specialist, are also former students who went on to obtain jobs here.

Upon her departure, she will remember seeing the technology change and being able to assist her students in learning these changes in order to give them more choices in their lives.

Steinberg may be moving on from MATC but she is not done positively impacting the community. In her spare time she intends to advocate for social issues. Her focus will be on getting local communities in touch with local farmers to promote healthier food alternatives.