• Spring is the time of plans and projects. – Leo Tolstoy

Crime Report

The following is a portion of crimes reported to Public Safety within the period of December 7, 2010 and January 19, 2011 at various campuses.

On February 18, the Milwaukee Fire Department responded to the Downtown campus when a student became trapped in an elevator. The elevator was initially stuck but began to move between floors, prompting public safety to alert the Fire Department. The student was uninjured but stated that she was too upset to go to class.

On February 23, a Building Service Worker located a spent .22 caliber casing on the floor of a women’s restroom at the Downtown campus. He turned it over to Public Safety who notified the Milwaukee Police Department. They sent a squad to pick it up from Public Safety.

On March 3, a student was assaulted in the Bradley Center parking center after a vehicle backed up into his vehicle. The student was punched approximately 5-6 times in the face by the other driver before the other driver fled the scene. The student refused medical attention and stated that he would contact the police later. There were no surveillance cameras in the area.

On March 7, an instructor at South campus reported his bag containing a laptop and iPad was missing. He left the bag in a classroom on March 4, not realizing he had done so until he got home. When he returned on March 7, the bag was gone. Oak Creek Police were contacted.

On March 7, an instructor reported smelling alcohol on a student. Public Safety stood by while a breathalyzer test was administered, with the student blowing a 0.09. The student was informed that she could not finish the class and escorted off campus. She was advised that she would have to re-register for the course and not consume alcohol prior to coming to it.