• One day you will look back and see that all along, you were blooming. – Morgan Harper Nichols

Five is greater than twelve

Congratulations are in order for the girl’s basketball team for an outstanding season.Despite fatigue, brought on by having to play most of the season with just six players, they were able to go on and place second in the Region IV Championships.

Without enough teammates to even do a proper scrimmage in practice, the team had to imagine where the opposition would be.

The girls were able to, “play like a fine-tuned machine,” said Head Coach Corey Franklin. They went the entire month of February without losing a game. There were times when the coaches would call a time out just so the girls could catch their breath. When spirits looked down Coach Franklin would raise them by showing the girls a sign, (5 > 12), representing that their five girls were greater than any twelve girls from the opposing team.

When asked how it felt playing with only five players, Alyssa Jensen, forward, said, “It made us stronger. It gave us more heart and made us dig that much deeper to win the game.”

Yanette Feagin, guard, added, “It made us understand that we really need each other. We got closer and it made us stronger.