• Spring is the time of plans and projects. – Leo Tolstoy

Calling students to present at the next Energy Summit

Dr. James E. Hanson, Director of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and leading world authority on the environment, speaks with students from various schools at the 2009 Renewable Energy Summit.
    Photo by Sue Ruggles

If you plan to live and work in this part of the world, then come to the Summit. If you care about your economic future, then come to the Summit.MATC is proud to be the host of the regional conference at Milwaukee’s Midwest Airlines Center.

Students, workers, consumers, business, industry and education will all be in attendance.

Students can register to have their own presentation at the summit, but they must register online at http://renewableenergysummit.org/ by January 10.

You will need to include an abstract with a maximum of 250 words on your presentation.

The 2010 Green Energy Summit provides extraordinary opportunities for learning outside the classroom.

Accordingly, we encourage all students and instructors to incorporate this educational windfall into their class plans for the 2010 spring semester.

Please ask for and create special assignments so that students can attend.

The 2010 Green Energy Summit is sponsored by a coalition of corporate, academic, governmental and nonprofit organizations, including the MATC Office of Student Life, the Wisconsin Technical Colleges, We Energies, Johnson Controls, Focus on Energy, Orion Energy Systems, the University of Wisconsin-

Milwaukee, Marquette University, the Wisconsin Office of Energy Independence and many others.

These sponsers have provided funding so that all students may register for the Summit free of charge.

The registration fee for non-students is $125 for one day and $250 for the full three-day conference.

To register online and for more information and forms, please visit the Summit website at http://renewableenergysummit.org/.

We all are stakeholders in the New Green Economy and stewards of our environment.