Stormers end November with a hot streak

The Stormers began their season at home, 3-0. They had close victories against Richard Daley and Illinois Valley Community College, before totally dominating McHenry County College. The Stormers started the season strong with a 2-0 and expectations were high. Then they suffered two straight road loses to Prairie State College and Brown Mackie College. They then beat Kansas Wesleyan 94-72.The Stormers returned for some home cooking and support from the Stormers fan base.

They opened the home season with a narrow victory against Daley. There were numerous lead changes along with many fouls and turnovers. But once MATC settled down they pulled away. Their length and three-point shooting proved to be no match for Daley. Darren Moore had his way with the big men from Daley, throwing down thunderous dunks. But each time he left the game, Daley made their push. Daley fought all the way to the final minutes. MATC had a 59-58 lead with 4:01 left in the second half. That is when Garett Abnar took over for MATC and they stomped on the hopes of a Daley’s upset victory.

The second home game for the Stormers was even more stressful and testing for the them. Illinois Valley Community College pushed them to the limit, but just like their first home game, the Stormers would not allow themselves to lose the game.

With contributions from everyone on the team, they pulled out the victory against Illinois Valley Community College 83-86. Darren Moore proved once again to be a reliable force in the middle. Kenny Foster, Adebamgbe Courtney and Garett Abner all had good games as well.

The next home game was much easier than their first two home games. The Stormers easily dismantled McHenry County College. They dominated from tip-off. They cruised early in the first half. The game had many highlight reel dunks from Darren Moore and a fast break dunk by Adebamgbe Courtney, which had the whole gym jumping. Darren Moore left the game briefly after a collision with a McHenry player but returned later in the game. The Stormers were getting contributions from everyone on the team. Steve Pratt, along with Myles Morgan, provided a spark off the bench for the Stormers.

After those three home victories, the Stormers have a 6-2 record and are turning into a force in their division. They continue to bond as a team and strive to do better each game. With strong post play and getting everyone to step up when called upon, the sky’s the limit for the Stormers. Their next game is November 29 at home against Concordia University JV. Hopefully they will continue to build on what looks to be a promising season.