• “A world of grief and pain flowers bloom—even then.”– Kobayashi Issa

Movie mills rumors

A remake of “Footloose” is said to be in the works. Kevin Bacon’s lead role will possibly be taken over by High School Musical heartthrob, Zach Efron. With the recent explosion of the teen scene into retro 1980, the howling entertainment air breathes news of a couple possible Jim Henson Company movies, one said to be based on the popular ’80s children’s show “Fraggle Rock.” The other is likely to be another Muppets movie.

Speaking of the ’80s, if Columbia Pictures has its way, it is likely that we will also see a return of the ghost-fighting original cast in “Ghostbusters 3.”

The original two Ghostbusters films are said to have reportedly collected upwards of $500 million overall.

Meanwhile, for all you pirate mourners, Disney is moving forward on the fourth Pirates movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, to be directed by Rob Marshall.

Rumored to join the cast on this adventure is Penelope Cruz (Vanilla Sky).

Once rumored, now in post-production is “Ramona and Beezus.”

Nickelodeon’s Wizards of Waverly Place co-star, Selena Gomez, landed one of the lead roles in the upcoming movie “Ramona and Beezus,” based on Beverly Cleary’s best-selling Ramona book titles Beezus and Ramona.

Joey King (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) will co-star in the movie, produced by DiNovi Pictures, Fox Walden and Walden Media. It’s scheduled to be released July 23.