Perspectives

How will you spend your spring break?
    Photo by MATC Times
    Spring Break Perspectives

College students all around the United States will soon be enjoying spring break. Many will flock to the beautiful coasts of Florida and Cancun, but others will be working or sleeping or catching up on endless spring cleaning.
    We followed six random students from many backgrounds and asked, how will you spend your spring break? And here’s what they said.
    Clearly MATC has a reputation for producing hard working graduates; nearly 90% are either employed or working to solidify a higher degree in their field. So, scuba diving in Cozumel, Mexico or parasailing in the Pacific Ocean will have to wait for many of us.

Eric Briggs, Automotive program.
    “My family and I will be going up north for my spring break. We have a private cabin. That will be fun.”

Steven Bauman, Computer Simulation and Gaming program.
    “Pretty much going to be working at my job at the Southridge mall. I work at Rocky Rococo. I just am hanging out here in Milwaukee.”

Jasmine Harris-Deese, Human Resources program.
    “I’m going to study for my Communications Two and my economics class. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be at home preparing for the rest of the semester. I’ll be volunteering at Aurora St. Luke’s.”

Carlos Garcia, Criminal Justice program.
    “I don’t really got much planned. I’m just going to be working and I’m going to try to go to Chicago, probably with some family and friends. I haven’t seen them in a while so it will be good. I’ll be working at Mayfair mall to get my 40 hours.”

Larisa Alvarez, Medical Coding program.
    “I’ll be working my butt off and saving money with my spring break to pay for college and all that good stuff. My family will be going on vacation.”

Daniel Millunzi, Carpentry program.
    “All I’m going to do is stick around. Just relax, stay at home and hang out with my friends. I’ll also be looking for work.”