• Spring is the time of plans and projects. – Leo Tolstoy

Basketball Season almost here

Due to the fact there is potentially no professional basketball fans will be looking for a basketball outlet. This year fans should be pleased with the 2011 MATC men’s Stormers basketball team. In 2010 they had a youth movement and had a lot learning to do. They started the season of well only to stumble towards the end. They still managed to finish the season 17-15, a second straight year of having a record over .500 (they went 19-12 in the 2009 season).  Joliet Junior College ended their season for the second straight year.

This year the Stormers must rely on someone else to pick up the scoring and rebounding because the two leading scorers Kenny Foster 13 points per game average (p.g.a.), and Darren Moore (14.9 p.g.a.) have graduated along with Garrett Abner (10 p.g.a.) and Adebamgbe Courtney (5.5 p.g.a.)

The stormers do have starting point guard Rishaad Alexander and their starting center Patrick Zemanovic returning. Hopefully they can finally beat JoiletJunior College a team they are 1-5 against in the last two seasons. The Stormers hope to build on the experience from last year. The regular season begins against Sauk Valley, a team they beat 99-79 last year. This season looks to be a bright one for our Stormers.