Stir Crazy offers great food and atmosphere

Food critiques aren’t usually my forte. I eat, and so does everyone else. However, if you haven’t had the opportunity to visit Stir Crazy, located just north of Brookfield Square on the same block, then you are just insane.

This semiformal, fresh Asian grille has both visual appeal, and appetite amplitude. The interior is pleasant with red, white and black decor.

If you look to the ceiling, you can even spot the over-large shrimp art clamped in giant red chopsticks, which usually would be silly and frumpy, but in this scene they make the entire restaurant flow.

The dining experience includes Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai and Indian culture explosions. I recommend the teriyaki chicken lunch portion with white rice served with a vegetable spring roll. The vegetables are fresh, delivered and cut every day.

Of course, any meal wouldn’t be complete without banana wontons. This delectable dessert offers six crispy wontons filled with bananas and white chocolate, deep fried, then coated in cinnamon and sugar, paired with vanilla ice cream and topped with house-made caramel drizzle.

Your taste buds will be sure to thank you after your visit to Stir Crazy, 15795 W. Bluemound Rd. Brookfield, Wisconsin.