Sure to be a family favorite

During the holidays, many are looking for the perfect stocking stuffer. Well look no more as Up is sure to please adults and kids alike, and is even perfect for the dog lover on your list.Up, by Disney and Pixar, is a story about a man, Carl, voice by Ed Asner, who has spent his life devoted to the woman he loves.

The beginning uses almost no dialogue, yet you understand the connection they felt with each other and the life they spent together.

Sadly, Carl’s wife dies. In his grief, Carl decides to fulfill a life-long promise to get her to Paradise Falls, a place their childhood hero ventured, and so they, too, wanted to follow.

However, Carl didn’t expect a young stowaway, Russell, to come along with him.

Yet it is this young boy, who just wants to earn a badge so his father will come see him again, who shows Carl how to live again.

In spite of the emotional issues in this film, the comedic humor eases the tension.

Many of the comedic releases come from talking dogs, who laugh while wagging their tails, are easily distracted (Squirrel!), and dread the “Cone of Shame.”

One dog in particular is Doug, whose unconditional love and desire to please also aid in melting Carl’s heart.

The DVD, which is now available, is perfect for the whole family.

The difficult issues talked about in the movie are done in such a way that the younger viewers will likely miss them, and just enjoy hearing the thoughts of the dogs.

Older children and adults will enjoy the comedy, and be touched by the message given in the movie.

Very few movies offer such flexibility that a family could watch together, but this one does.