• Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. — Lilly Pulitzer

Lady Stormers hope to end 27 game losing streak

Photo by Jim Tavernese
Teamwork. #13, Sarah Schmadi and #2, Raven Steven work together to block an attempted spike by Madison College opponent. Stromers play home games at Alverno College.

The MATC Lady Stormers have lost 27 straight games (as of press time) dating back to the last game of the 2009 season.

They hope to improve from their 0-25 mark last season.

So far this year they have continued their winless streak losing to Triton College 13-25, 12-25, 17-25. Head coach Jessica Arias and our lady Stormers Volleyball has nowhere to go but up, and with the experience of the second year players they will do their best to make sure they will end the winless streak soon enough.

Root these ladies on at Alverno College for their home games which are located at: 3900 S. Morgan Ave. (For map instructions please look on the matc.edu website.)

Block it. Stormer #2, Raven Stevens, at 6’ 2”, jumps to return a shot of an opponent. Milwaukee recently played Madison College. (Jim Tavernese)

Time out. Head Coach, Jessica Arias talks over strategies with Team Stormers. Milwaukee plays home games at Alverno College campus. Home games usually start at 7 (Jim Tavernese)