• Spring is the time of plans and projects. – Leo Tolstoy

All’s fair in love and lust

Happy Madison, founded by Adam Sandler (Click, Big Daddy) in 1999, delivers a romantic comedy hit when they combine acting beauty Jennifer Anniston’s (Friends, Along Came Polly) quick wit with Sandler’s childish antics, in the timeless film Just Go With It, directed by Dennis Dugan (Grown Ups, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry).

Sandler plays Danny Maccabee, a plastic surgeon who has discovered his own failed wedding could boost his bedroom rating without even taking his ex-fiancé’s ring off. That is, until he falls for a traditional blonde bombshell elementary teacher, whose morals precede his expectations. Lie after lie finds Danny creating a fake wife, Devlin, fake children Kiki D and Barto, and flying half way around the world to the islands of Hawaii in order to keep his secrets from spilling over and drenching him with liar stew.Luckily enough his secretary, Katherine (Jennifer Aniston), agrees to help him with his scheme, and her not-so-out-of-the-loop children fit the bill.

All tumbles along well, until Katherine’s happenstance run in with a blast from her past, the real Devlin (Nicole Kidman). Will the yarn ball of lies unravel? Or will Danny marry the bombshell of his dreams?

All’s fair in love and lust.3.5 of 5

Acting: 4

Directing: 4

Technical: 3

Storyline: 3

Avg: 3.5