• One day you will look back and see that all along, you were blooming. – Morgan Harper Nichols

The Conspirator brings the past into the present

One does not have to be seeking extra credit for a civil war diorama or be an avid conspiracy buff to see the film, The Conspirator. All that is needed is interest, and a passion for finding out what others fought for when they had no rights.

While the historical crime surrounding this film may ring a bell. (The assassination of Abraham Lincoln) or the murderer himself. (John Wilkes Booth).these individuals make brief appearances. It is the actual aftermath and final outcome of the above crime that we may not be fully aware of. And that, my friends, is the must see aspect of this film.

Expertly filmed on a minimal budget, Director, Robert Redford (Ordinary People, The Milagro Bean field War and The Legend of Bagger Vance) envelopes the viewer into the very world that once consumed these people in America’s past.

The eerie similarities to some of today’s struggles in our own State, makes one wonder if we have learned anything at all from the injustices of

long ago. The cast is a cornucopia of skilled talents and familiar faces that revel in their one-in-a-lifetime roles.

Each performance creates a map that leads us to discover the truth for ourselves.

One character in particular, Mary Surratt is explored with great sensitivity and conviction by actress Robin Wright (The Princess Bride and Forrest Gump).

For the film goer who stays and watches the ending credits, The Conspirator experience also rewards and educates one visually through all the hard work of the crew members and the artistic endeavors of the art direction, cinematography and costume design.

One final note that is easily forgotten is that this movie evolved from a contemporary script and significant continuing research. Not only is our past investigated and discovered, but restored and planted on our very own doorsteps. The Conspirator opens in theatres this April 15th and is the debut movie of The American Film Company.