Lady Stormers taste victory

Our Lady Stormers picked up their first win of the season against Triton College, 63-49, on February 10.
    Their record is 1-26, 1-12 in the conference, with a chance to add one more win on Saturday, February 19. Triton College beat the Stormers 53-34 in their first meeting.
    The win now prevented the Lady Stomers from ending the season winless. The last Stormers team to go undefeated was the 2006 Lady Stormers.
    After dismantling Triton, they hoped to turn that into a win streak to end the season positively, but the next game against College of Dupage was a forfeit. They then lost 102-31 to Rock Valley. The win shed a little light on a season that was mostly dark.
    When the season begun they had a young team and expected it to be a rough year but no one thought it would be this rough. It took them 27 games before they picked up their first win. This season was a learning experience for the lady Stormers, and a chance to improve next year.
    The Stormers have some talent to build around for next year. Marissa Riley led the team with 12.8 points a game, Danielle Lucci, 9.5, and Jae Morgan had 7.7 and a team leading 8.8 rebounds a game.
    Hopefully, our Lady Stormers will come back stronger, better and use this season as a building block. They are better than their record has indicated this year.