Crime Report

The following is a portion of crimes reported to Public Safety within the period of January 31, 2011 and February 17, 2011 at various campuses. On January 31 at the Downtown campus, a student was reported to be and admitted to smoking marijuana in front of the Student Services Building. The student was suspended with further action regarding his future at the school possible.

On February 4 at the Downtown campus, an instructor reported hearing the sound of a round being chambered into a handgun in a bathroom. Another instructor then reported that the suspected student had earlier in that day asked him to repair his handgun. The Milwaukee Police Department planned to speak to the student the following week.

On February 9 at the Downtown campus, a Public Safety officer was dispatched to a possible physical altercation. Both parties claimed to have been assaulted by the other after a disagreement following class. A large crowd had gathered around the two students but dispersed when Public Safety arrived. The matter was supposed to be referred to the Milwaukee Police Department.

On February 10 at the Downtown campus, an unknown student turned in a baggie filled with what appeared to be marijuana to the Public Safety Office. Milwaukee police were notified and confiscated the baggie.

On February 15 at West campus, a possible arson attempt was reported. A bulletin board located in a stairwell was charred and melted, and a poster on the board was partially burned. There are no reported suspects at this time.

On February 17, MATC personnel and the Milwaukee Police Department monitored a protest by Local 212 members as it moved around in the Downtown campus area. The demonstration, which had approximately 100-150 people, ended peaceably after one hour.