Releasing positive energy through holistic health

Dr.+Deborah+Suzi+Stoffel+carefully+applying+needles+at+Badger+Health+Center+to+relieve+a+patient+of+her+headaches.++

Photo by Greg Hornak/Times

Dr. Deborah Suzi Stoffel carefully applying needles at Badger Health Center to relieve a patient of her headaches.

For many students, science classes can be a huge challenge when it comes to memorization, naming keytones, alcohols, and overall making that adjustment to thinking in a scientific way. Students at MATC are fortunate to have academic support centers that offer additional help in assigned tutoring, walk-in help, open group and even distance tutoring. Deborah Suzi Stoffel is one of the many amazing individuals who are available to help students in chemistry, anatomy and physiology each spring and fall semester.
Stoffel started her career as a special education teacher and focused on trying to figure out how people learned.“Learning is listening, seeing it, doing it, and sometimes all of those combined,” stated Stoffel. She is known at the MATC West Allis campus as the chemistry tutor; however, she too once struggled with understanding chemistry concepts. Wanting more and dying to learn, she moved from North Carolina to Wisconsin and attended medical school. While sitting in pathophysiology class and loving it, she realized she never took an anatomy or physiology class. She always loved the sciences and looked to a different alternative. She switched her focus because it felt so right and so natural for her to attend the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine.  Not only is Stoffel an asset to MATC she also is a MATC student and continues to educate herself by taking classes on campus as well as being an inspiration to other students.
To promote herself she joined an acupuncture networking group and used her voice to talk about her passion. Stoffel is an acupuncturist and practices at Badger Health Center in Waukesha. She performs typical needle acupuncture and uses moxabustion (heat) cupping, and herbal remedies as part of her treatment. Mini clinics sessions for weight loss and smoking cessation are also available. For more information about Dr. Suzie, visit  www.shenwise.com.

Dr. Suzi Stoffel, DOM, MSOM
Acupuncturist
262-547-2250
S31 W24757 Sunset Drive
Waukesha WI 53189
www.badgerhealth.com

“Learning is listening, seeing it, doing it, and sometimes all of those combined,”

— Deborah Suzi Stoffel