• Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. — Lilly Pulitzer

Rev. Jesse Jackson rallies students to vote early at MATC

Photo by Darin Dubinsky

On Monday October 22 11 a.m. 1st floor of the S building at the Downtown Campus, Rev. Jesse Jackson rallied MATC students to go out and vote.  This was the same day that early voting had started in Wisconsin and continued until November 2nd.  Over 200 people watched and listened as Jackson gave his speech.  
“My mind is a pearl; I can learn anything in the world if my mind can perceive it.  If my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.  Invest in me, invest in education.  My vote will determine my destiny.  I can vote, I will vote, I must vote, keep hope alive.  I can now vote where I go to school because of my civil right.”  
“Voting is worth it, voting does matter.  Investing in me is the best America can offer.  We are the swing vote.  We work; we invest in building our industry.  We now move to our troops overseas.  Bring them home, keep them home.  Bring soldiers home; treat veterans like we treat soldiers.  Love them, care for them, and pray for them.  Give them health care, give them jobs, love veterans, they’ve cared for us, now care for them.”  
“My vote empowers my Pell Grant.  My vote keeps my school.  My vote gives education.  My vote gives Medicare.  My vote gives social security.  I will vote today,” said Jackson.  
After the speech, Jackson encouraged all who attended the speech to walk from the campus to City Hall to vote. The Black Student Union sponsored Jackson to come to MATC.

(Darin Dubinsky)

(Darin Dubinsky)

(Darin Dubinsky)

(Darin Dubinsky)

(Darin Dubinsky)

(Darin Dubinsky)

(Darin Dubinsky)