• Spring is the time of plans and projects. – Leo Tolstoy

Woolfolk is MATC state ambassador

For over 100 years the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) has been playing a part in making futures. 

Every year each of the 16 Technical schools in Wisconsin recognize a student for academic excellence, professionalism, and their leadership qualities. 

And this year MATC has chosen David Woolfolk II, Baking and Pastry Arts student. Some of the objectives ofWTCS are:

• Develop greater public awareness and appreciation for the high quality system of technical education witch contributes to both the state’s economy and its citizens by providing occupational education.

• Recognize those students who excel in learning a gainful skill.

• Stimulate greater pride in quality of work.

To be considered for this prestigious honor a student must, currently be enrolled in an associate degree or technical diploma program.

The student must also be  eligible to graduate from that program within the current academic year for which he/she is being considered with a 3.5 or better grade-point average (honors graduate); if selected a finalist willing to participate in a personal interview before a district committee to determine the MATC ambassador nominee; and if selected as the MATC nominee, willing to participate in the two-day state Ambassador program.

Some of the benefits of becoming the State Ambassador nominee include the honor of being a guest at the State Ambassador program in Madison, interaction and gift exchange with fellow state Ambassador nominees from technical colleges throughout the state. There are provided networking opportunities with statewide business and education leaders. Woolfolk said, “I enrolled at MATC in order to receive and gain valuable knowledge in my field. I recognized I needed this to get a firm foundation under my feet and it would be a vital link in reaching my personal dream of owning my own bakery.”

This years event was held on April 13 at the Sheraton Inn, Madison with Keynote speaker Daniel Clancy, President of Wisconsin Technical College System.